Nicki Minaj Says Gucci Mane Needs to Get ‘Centered’


Nicki Minaj's "Super Bass" Breaks Record (thumbnail)















Nicki Minaj collaborated extensively with rapper Gucci Mane in the early part of her career. Now she hopes that the incarcerated rapper can redirect his life. During a recent interview with Atlanta radio station Hot 107.9, Minaj said that even though she had not reached out to the troubled Georgia rapper who has been arrested several times and is currently behind bars on a probation violation, she wished that somebody would. "I think about how talented he is and I kind of wish there was somebody that could step in and say, 'Gucci, if you only knew how special you were, you would take a moment to really just like get centered,'" she told hosts Emperor Searcy, Mz Shyneka and Mister Smith. "I just think he needs to center himself. Not to point fingers because I've had moments when I needed to center myself. Sometimes you just need to be alone in a meditating type of place and just kind of block out all the other noise and begin to focus on who you are and what you really want out of life. I think if he can get to that place, he'll be great because nobody could ever deny the fact that he kind of revolutionized a lot of things in the underground mixtape world. He also spawned a lot of careers." Minaj says that in addition to helping her, that Gucci helped Waka Flocka Flame, among others, and that he was a positive influence in her life and career. "He motivated me a lot," Minaj said. "I loved being around him. He's a hustler and so no matter what, I will always respect Gucci." Minaj also discussed her potent culinary skills and her affinity for Atlanta during the Hot 107.9 interview. She also revealed that she'll be shutting down her reality television show appearances and other outside endeavors as she works on her forthcoming third album.

No comments:

Post a Comment